Multidomain Unified Group-Based Policy, Enterprise Cloudification, Advanced NSX and vSphere Integration, and more
AOS 3.1 includes new and enhanced capabilities, making the solution an ideal fit for NSX and most of the demanding environments. New features include:
- Seamless, tight integration with NSX-T – Delivers tighter design, build, and operational integration between the underlying physical network and NSX overlay networks with a solution that liberates customers from being locked into any specific network hardware vendor.
- Multidomain Unified Group-Based Policy Enhancements – Enables hitless policy update, granular and full visualization of rules including shadow rules, flexible policy hierarchy enforcement and visualization of policy impact on the infrastructure.
- Advanced, Cloud-Scale Intent-Based Analytics and Root Cause Identification – Accelerates troubleshooting with predefined, customize-able probes and enriched view of anomalies with context, and maintains valued historical data during software upgrade.
- Expansion of Enterprise-Class Features – Fortifies network access with the addition of RADIUS and accelerates deployment with device cable mapping discovery and ZTP.
- Expansion of Multi-Vendor, Software First Support Model – In addition to supporting Cisco and Arista NOS management, Cumulus is added as a turnkey solution to minimize traffic disruption and manual steps.
Extending Automation & Policy Across Multiple Domains
Multidomain Unified Group-Based Policy
5 Stage Clos Fabric
External Routing Policies
IPv6 Application Support
Apstra Intent-Based Data Center Automation now supports IPv6 applications, enabling architects to minimize their use of limited IPv4 address space as well as offering fully dynamic server and container addressing.
VMware NSX and vSphere Integration with Automated Remediation
Apstra Intent-Based Networking for the data center extends the existing VMware NSX and vSphere integration capabilities to support automatic remediation of network anomalies.
AOS 3.1 builds on the success of Intent-Based Analytics and provides several new enhancements.
Key updates include:
- Predefined and customizeable probes
- No disruption or data loss to historical data during software upgrade
- Simplified, enriched view of anomalies
VMware NSX Integration
Apstra AOS is the first and only vendor that provides tight and seamless integration with NSX by bridging the gap between physical network and NSX/virtual network across any-workload and any hardware in the data center in the following ways:
- Automation – AOS automates and enables consistent network and security policy for physical and virtual workloads across the physical and virtual/NSX infrastructure. As a result, businesses are more agile and IT is able to respond faster to business needs.
- Hardware Agnostic – AOS integrates with any networking hardware vendor enabling NSX to deliver consistent service-intent across the entire infrastructure. It enables businesses the flexibility to deploy an infrastructure of their choice that meets their budget and requirements without being locked-in into one vendor.
- Visibility and auto-remediation – AOS bridges the visibility gaps in physical and logical connections between the overlay and underlay networks enabling faster root-cause analysis thanks to precise anomalies identification. In situations where there are performance degradation, intermittent services or possible maintenance on leaf switches, AOS enables network team to quickly take appropriate actions ensuring virtual services are not impacted.
- Closed-loop system – AOS goes beyond automation in delivering a full integrity and continuous validation into the service-intent policy defined by NSX eliminating complex troubleshooting procedures. Businesses are able to accelerate resolutions thus increasing application availability.
Group-Based Policy Enhancements *
Apstra Intent-Based Data Center Automation 3.1 expands the industry’s first and most advanced Intent-Based Networking technology to include Multidomain Unified Group-Based Policy which unifies the disparate centers of policy data and allows for automated and validated enforcement regardless of the location, manufacturer, or type of device.
Multidomain Unified Group-Based Policy provides a simple user interface and API that delivers end to end policy deployments, rendered in the vendor-specific syntax and methods automatically without requiring the user to know how or where the policy must be implemented. This intent-derived logic is unique to Apstra and frees IT from the complexities of ACL syntax, enforcement locations, and multitenant communication policies.
Cabling/Neighbor Discovery & Override *
Networks sometimes need to be recabled in challenging ways. AOS permits the operator to override default interface assignments and change to a more ad-hoc port assignment approach. Network consistency is ensured when changing the naming, numbering and cabling of the ports. Topology is accurately depicted, guaranteeing that diagrams and cabling matrices represent the exact configuration of the entire fabric. Further enhancements to the Root Cause Identification System support a detailed hierarchical view of all anomalies related to a bad cable.
ZTP Reference Implementation *
AOS now comes with a VM-based reference implementation of a universal Zero Touch Provisioning server to allow customers to drastically reduce the time and complexity associated with initial device provisioning. The reference implementation includes customizable vendor-specific scripts to handle initial OS upgrades, access configuration, AOS registration and more.
Apstra Professional Services organization provides customization and integration services to meet particular customer ZTP requirements and constraints.
5 Stage Clos Enhancements
AOS scales to support the largest datacenters around the world. Thousands of connected devices can be managed as a single logical element, with a complex EVPN overlay that can be instantiated with a few simple clicks. Tenant isolation with VRFs, ACLs, VLANs and VXLANs can all be created in a simple workflow that allows an architect to reconfigure a multivendor fabric in seconds and provides assurance that policy changes are automatically enforced no matter how large your network grows.
Enhanced Visualization and Telemetry Management
AOS supports customizable dashboards for each stage of the analytics processing function, enabling quick views of anomalies and the knowledge summarized by the probes. Data transfers across a fabric can be monitored and alerted on, with an extensive set of algorithms built into the Intent-Based Analytics processing capabilities. SLAs can be created in one central location and AOS will alert upon any deviation from your defined properties. These SLAs can also be used to check compliance of devices and services across the entire network in seconds. Intent-Based Analytics provides:
- Complex pattern analysis with configurable anomalies for “situations to watch”
- Data normalization, processing, and summarization
- Simple and dynamic data selection based on intent, device roles, and system design
- Integrated and customizable visualizations for path analysis, bar charts, heat maps, and more
- Flexible drag-and-drop widgets within dashboards
- Custom telemetry collectors with the AOS Python SDK and simple packaging with AOS-CLI.