“IBN must make network infrastructure simple, agile, reliable in the presence of constant change, not only change in business rules, but also change in network operating state.”
Founder and CTO of Apstra
As organizations look to adopt self-operating or self-healing networks, IBN becomes an attractive solution. To cut through the IBN noise and determine the sophistication of solutions available in the market, this chart breaks down the levels of automation in network infrastructure. Customers can map IBN solutions to these IBN maturity levels. Click on each one for more detail.
Essential Reading on Intent-Based Networking
Apstra Sets the Standard for Intent-Based Networking
Networking thought leaders agree that Intent-Based Networking (IBN) is the next big thing in networking infrastructure. But when it comes to defining exactly what IBN is, opinions diverge. As a pioneer in the Intent-Based Networking space, Apstra is stepping up to clarify the meaning of this important new technology.
Learn More: Apstra CTO Explains IBN
Industry Buzz about Intent-Based Networking
- Network World: What is intent-based networking?
- Gartner: Intent-Based Networking
- Forbes: Intent-Based Networking And Why You Should Care
- SDX Central: Intent-Based Networking: What’s Real and What’s Hype?
- Diginomica: Intent-based networking portends the future of infrastructure management
- Computer World: Intent-based networking: Essential for digital transformation?
- Techopedia: Intent-Based Networking
- IDG.tv: What is Intent-Based Networking (video)
Intent-Based Networking vs. “Intent-Based Networking”
“Many companies have announced intent-based initiatives or products. They are using the language and the surrounding ideas to talk about existing products that simply were not designed from the ground up with Intent as a guiding light. ”