AOS® Simplifies Data Center Network
Design, Build and Operations
Networking Made Easier Across Choice of Vendors
Automated Control Plane for VXLAN, Scalability, Multi-tenant
Multi-Tenancy with Apstra EVPN
New Enterprise-class Features
AOS 2.2 includes new capabilities, making the solution an ideal fit for some of the most demanding environments. New features include:
- TACACS+ support and customizable RBAC roles — allows businesses to tune user permissions at a granular level to create user profiles that matches specific boundaries and policies.
- Audit trail — for customers to monitor login access to AOS and audit each change for better troubleshooting and compliance.
- Extensible IBA probes via AOS GUI, custom collectors — for day 2 operations.
AOS 2.2 provides the ability to pull directly from the AOS GUI, to manually configure the AOS analytics pipeline or instantiate one of the pre-defined IBA probes to set up proactive closed-loop monitoring and actionable alerts, as well as detect gray failures and other anomalies. Key updates include:
Vendor-agnostic Design Automation
Design leaf-spine networks confidently with built-in industry best practices, in minutes.
Automated multi-vendor EVPN design, configuration and operation
Create-change-delete security zones in seconds, with validated ASNs, VRFs, VNIs and more.
Design-Build-Operate physical and virtual networks as a single system
Continuously validate your intent with closed-loop telemetry
Intent-Based Analytics (IBA)
Extract rich context and actionable insights from raw telemetry, in minutes.
Deploy custom telemetry probes in seconds.
Abstract away vendor-specific hardware details
Create-swap-delete leaf-spine devices, in minutes, across name-brand and white-box vendors.
Physical and Logical Validation
Continuously validate both physical and virtual elements
Single pane of glass for your entire network
System Health Views
Quickly visualize deviation from your intent and service impact
Instantly detect config drifts
- BGP L3 Clos fabric with multi-tenancy EVPN (RFC 7432)*
- Intra-rack (VLAN), or inter-rack (VXLAN)
- L3 VXLAN routing
- L3 server routing with dual attachment*
- L2 server with MLAG/LAG
- IPv6 fabric: No need for IPv4 addresses on fabric links*
- Extensible services (intent, resources, expectations)
- DHCP relay
- Cisco NX-OS and vNX-OS
- Arista EOS and vEOS
- Juniper Junos**
- Cumulus with Free-Range Routing (FRR)*
- Dell OpenSwitch OPX*
- Microsoft SONiC**
- Ubuntu Servers with Free-Range-Routing (FRR)*
- CentOS Servers
AOS Extensibility Tool For the Community (AOS Etc.)
- Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) Server
- Demo Tools
- Template Catalog
- 3rd Party Tool Integration
- 3rd Party Big-Data Platform Integration
- Legacy Devices Integration
- LLDP, BGP, EVPN* config deviation
- Interface counters
- Routing table verification
- Host, transceiver, interface, LAG / MLAG
- MAC & ARP
- Server and devices health
- Intent-based anomaly detection
- Telemetry streaming via protocol buffers
- Extensible telemetry collection
Intent-Based Analytics *
- East-west traffic: Calculates east-west traffic
- MLAG imbalance: Calculates traffic imbalance across members of each MLAG
- Headroom: Calculates high and low bandwidth usage across all possible ECMP paths between 2 endpoints
- ECMP imbalance: Calculates traffic imbalance across all ECMP uplinks
- Hot / cold fabric ports: Determine hot or cold interfaces (by traffic or errors)
- Interface flapping: Calculates the number of time an interface status changes over time
An open source catalog of IBA probe configurations is available, to enable an ecosystem with customers, partners, and other third parties
- Staged/Commit Workflows
- Multi User Authentication
- RBAC with custom roles*
- LDAP and TACACS+*Integration
- Device lifecycle management
- Resource management
- Interactive network visualization
- Extensible on-box or off-box device agents*
- AOS backup / restore
- RESTful APIs
- Graph model and GraphQL/QE API
- HTTPS, AOS server security hardening*
- Headless operation
- Tested capacity: 1,600 devices
- Scale-out Maintenance
- Replacement Maintenance
- Decommission Maintenance
- Addition and deletion of virtual networks and endpoints
* New features in AOS 2.2
** Technology preview
AOS 2.2 Datasheet
Technical summary of the AOS Platform including features and basic requirements.
Contribute to a number of community driven tools for integration with AOS.
AOS Architecture White Paper
Learn about the foundations that AOS is built on and how it was designed to be scalable for the most demanding network environments.
Apstra CTO Sasha Ratkovic explains the function of Intent Based Analytics and how it is a game changer for modern network operations.
Technology Brief: Intent-Based Analytics
Read this technology brief on Intent-Based Networking to learn how to dynamically and quickly extract insights from raw telemetry.
Login to the Apstra support portal to reach our 24/7 support team. Get access to documentation, examples, and a private forum for other AOS users.
Test drive your own Self-Operating Network™ in the cloud. Cloudlabs provides a self-contained demo environment so you can experience Intent-Based Networking firsthand.